NDIS Plan, People with disabilities have different life challenges, requiring extra support to live independently and confidently. Every country has an organization that offers different types of assistance to people with disabilities. NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) is an organization in Australia that supports individuals with disabilities. NDIS offers several advantages to people with disabilities, allowing them to live confidently and independently.
When you have an NDIS plan, you have three main choices for managing your funding. However, you’ll have to weigh your options properly before selecting the right one. During your NDIS planning meeting, you can choose the management option that suits you best. The three main management options are:
- Plan managed
- Agency managed
Here, we’ll discuss plan management, what a plan manager does and how he can help you with your NDIS Plan.
What is Plan Management?
Plan management is one of the ways you can handle your funding in your NDIS plan. With NDIS plan management, you have the liberty and control over your NDIS budget. A NDIS plan manager helps you by handling your funds, paying your bills, and keeping track of your budget. They also submit claims to the NDIS portal on your behalf.
Anyone with an NDIS plan can choose plan management, which doesn’t cost you anything extra. When you opt for NDIS plan management, the NDIS will provide additional funds to cover the costs of your plan manager. Plan Management lets you perform the following tasks:
- Select support providers that fit your needs.
- Discuss and agree on prices that match your budget.
- Enjoy a smoother experience with more options and control when someone else handles administrative tasks on your behalf.
If you have plan management for your funding, you can choose who provides your NDIS support. You can opt for registered and non-registered service providers. The good news is that having a plan manager won’t cost you extra because the NDIS covers the expenses. With plan management, the NDIS funds someone else to handle your paperwork and manage your funding.
A Plan Manager will perform the following tasks for people with disabilities:
- Make payments to your support providers on your behalf.
- Assist you in keeping track of your funds and budget.
- Handle and oversee your bills and invoices.
- Keep you informed about your funding status.
- Provide a list of NDIS support providers near you.
Having the right plan manager can significantly enhance the effectiveness of your NDIS plan and help you build strong relationships with experienced professionals.
Let’s understand the role of a plant manager in helping you with your NDIS Plan:
Having the right plan manager can be very effective and beneficial. If you choose plan management for your NDIS plan, there are several advantages you can enjoy. Here are some of those advantages:
- You can hire service providers not registered with the NDIS but still offer quality services.
- The funding for plan management is separate from your NDIS plan, so there are no additional costs for you to bear. It also doesn’t reduce the funds available for your other support.
- Your NDIS plan manager can guide you through the NDIS process and help you maximise the benefits of your NDIS plan.
When you opt for plan management, you don’t need to worry about any paperwork because your plan manager will handle it.
These are some of the main benefits of NDIS plan management. Out of the three management options available, plan management is widely discussed. With plan management, NDIS participants have the freedom to choose both registered and unregistered service providers, allowing them to select the provider that suits them best.
NDIS plan management improves the lives of people with disabilities by providing reliable and high-quality services. NDIS plan management aims to help you gain more independence and control over your support. Your NDIS plan manager will assist you in accessing the NDIS funding and ensure that you achieve your NDIS goals, helping you to lead a fulfilling life.